VintageELLE is a British Lifestyle blog, focussing in on a Twenty Something's passion for all things Travel, Style & Food related. Follow for weekly Life Updates, Travel Diaries or Style Advice!

Saturday 14 June 2014

Elle's Emotions: Step Back, Breath, Reboot...

P1070371

Yes, I have been slightly MIA recently- did I intend to step away from VE? Not completely. Like most 'bloggers' recently, I have been struggling to balance & juggle everything thats been going on in my life as well as finding myself questioning everything that I have created on here & how the blogging world in evolving. For so long I have enjoyed this little creative space on the internet & have marvelled at the power this community now has. But at the same time I find my voice getting lost within the blogging hubbub in a community which I feel, is now overly saturated with all things beauty, fashion & lifestyle related. It is really difficult to stand out these days in comparison to five years ago. I do not say this in a jealous or malicious way, but I have to think am I still relevant? 

Then there is also the 'real world'- working a full time forty hour plus job five days a week, trying to hold down some sort of a social life, the stress of purchasing mine & Adam's first house, planning a wedding & finding time for me has been such a struggle over the last six months. Looking back at that last sentence I'm actually surprised as to why I haven't physically combusted!

I do not like to make excuses. That is one thing everyone who knows me will tell you, but I felt like I have had to step away to find my voice again & focus on 'the real world'. 

So now I'll tell you a couple of exciting things that have been going on! We are in the process of buying our first house (this has been one of the most stressful & emotionally draining moments in our lives!) with a move in date of the beginning of August! & also we have been trying to plan the wedding. Now whilst all our engery & time has been spent focussing on the house which we are so so excited about, we have been taking teeny tiny baby steps towards sorting out where & when we will be getting married. It has been a crazy, stressful & emotional six months, but I hope you all will understand that this here has not number one on my list of priorities. I am growing up. VE is growing up. I am no longer that nineteen year old girl that buys whatever clothes & cosmetics she wants- I will be paying a mortage soon!

Ultimately I just need to get back into the zone- do what makes me happy & create content frequently that I am proud of. I know I have written similar posts to this one over the course of five years, but sometimes you just need to take a step back, take time to breath & reboot. 

I hope you all have a lovely weekend & enjoy this glorious sun shine the UK has been have.

As always..

Much Love,
Elle
xoxo
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© VintageELLE09 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig