VintageELLE is a British Lifestyle blog, focussing in on a Twenty Something's passion for all things Travel, Style & Food related. Follow for weekly Life Updates, Travel Diaries or Style Advice!

Thursday 5 December 2013

How To Keep Hydrated During Winter......

IMG_1303

December marks the start of winter & for me that means a shake up to the products I use on my skin- as the weather becomes colder & the central heating gets warmer, your skin starts to feel the change! So here are my go to products that make such a difference to the way my skin looks & feels during winter, locking in all that moisture & making me happy! 

The Body Shop Body Butter in Strawberry: Of course you need to keep your body feeling soft & healthy & a good body butter is essential- enter my favourite body butters by The Body Shop. I have confessed my love for their body butters for quiet a while now- super buttery & nourishing for your skin as well as the scents being so yummy smelling & linger for hours, these are the reasons why I keep repurchasing them. Currently I am indulging in the Strawberry scent, which makes me feel like a Strawberry Ice Cream & very reminiscent of summer.

Figs & Rouge Pepper Mint & Green Tea Lip Balm: One of the worst things about Winter is dry, chapped lips. Enter a good lip balm & luckily I have two! This one by Figs & Rouge is my 'during the day top up', always in my bag or coat pocket for those on the go applications & what I love about this particular lip balm is the fact that its texture is thinner then Vaselin, almost like oil that just glides on nicely & seals in all the moisture.

L'Occitane Hand Cream in Coco Butter: Hands must not be neglected during the festive season as you don't want them looking like a desert. In Hand Creams I always look for ones that are not sticky or too oily, sink into the skin really quickly & make my hands feel softer- L'Occitane definitely delivers. I love the scent of this particular hand cream & when messaged into the cuticles makes my nails look a great deal healthier then before. 

Freeman's Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Face Mask: To lock in all the moisture that central heating & the chilly air takes away from your skin during December, a weekly face mask is a necessity. I picked this one up in New York this year & find that it calms my acne prone skin, whilst adding a lot of the moisture my skin has lost back into it. 

Nuxe Bio Tinted Lip Balm in Peach: If you need a lip product that not only keeps them moisturised whilst adding a dash of colour to them, then look no further then this little lady from Nuxe. Smells lovely & peachy whilst adding a peachy tint to your lips, this is my favourite tinted lip balm as it keeps your lips feeling soft for a really long time & with the bonus of the peach taste! 

Origin's Highly Potent Night Cream: Oh my god. This is holy grail material! If your skin is dehydrated or you have bad acne scaring then this stuff will work wonders on your skin. I apply this every night to my neck & face (you don't need a lot as a little goes a long way) & in the morning my skin looks so much healthier it's ridiculous!

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm: Enter my morning & evening lip balm that prepares my lips for the day, as I have said before this is my favourite lip balm by a mile as it keeps them moisturised as well as giving them a little exfoliate with the built in exfoliating bits in it. 

Origins Drink Me Up Hydrating Face Mask: Now a good hydrating, leave on face mask is essential during these cool months because your skin does most of the repairs & rebuilding as you sleep, so therefore if you can lock in all the moisture in your skin whilst you sleep you will have plumper looking, healthier skin in the morning. I really find this Origin's mask leaves my skin feeling softer & plumper after using it overnight, as well as reducing the size of my pesky pores. 

Caudalie Eau de Rasins Facial Spray: There is nothing I like more then spraying this over my clean face right before I apply my Hydraluron & moisturiser- it feels like my skin is drinking it up!! The use of a facial spray like this one helps again add moisture back into the skin, as well as giving it a little refresh before bed. 

V05 Miricle Concentrate: Now let's not forget your hair! With hair driers & styling tools being used more in the winter months, your hair tends to take a battering & you may not realise it but your hair may appear drier with split ends becoming more frequent. This is where I look to my little V05 friend to give me glossy tresses- I always apply it to towel dried hair working it into the ends & then leave my hair to dry a little for a couple of hours before blow drying. Makes my hair feel super soft & healthy.

Origin's GinZing Eye Cream: After a lot of partying & late nights your under eyes may need a little tlc, so a good eye cream is essential. This baby makes my eyes look & feel more awake whilst adding moisture back into the eye area.

Hydraluron: I didn't think my skin was the dehydrated kind- it didn't look it & certainly didn't feel it, but ever since introducing this into my skincare routine last month I can see a difference in the way my skin looks. I think any product that makes your moisturiser absorb into the skin quicker & locks in more moisture is a winner during the cold months. Your skin will love you for it!

What are your good to items for the cooler months?

Much Love,
Elle
xoxo
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© VintageELLE09 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig