VintageELLE is a British Lifestyle blog, focussing in on a Twenty Something's passion for all things Travel, Style & Food related. Follow for weekly Life Updates, Travel Diaries or Style Advice!

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Face Of The Day: Blush Pink......

IMG_1284
Blush pink is a firm fashion favourite this season.
It started off with a Marks & Spencer's coat & now all I can think about is how gorgeous blush looks during this time of the year. For me, even in make up blush can look extremely beautiful when paired with pale skin & gives a very delicate contrast to the changing landscape around us.

******
So to start I have again use my trusty Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation, as it gives such a lovely healthy look to the skin without it looking cakey. Next its time to conceal those horrible dark circles under my eyes that have cropped up from working too hard! As always my Makeup Academy Conceal & Brighten Palette comes to the rescue, firstly I use the peachier coloured conceal under my eyes to hid those pesky dark circles & then using the lighter conceal, I apply that to any blemishes or redness that the foundation has not covered. Get rid of any shine with a good pressed powder- my powder of choice is of course Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder in 'Translucent' which I apply all over my face. 

Onto the cheeks & I wanted to create a defined Glowy English Rose look to them to contrast with my pale skin. For this I used Rimmel's Blusher in 'Santa Rose' to the apples of my cheeks, which adds the perfect flush of colour to your cheeks & creates a nice amount of definition to your cheek bones. For the healthy glow, I used Bourjois' Poudre de Ritz all over my cheek bones & the centre of my nose to make my cheek bones stand out & for my nose to look slimmer.
IMG_1256
IMG_1252
Onto the main part of this look, the eyes- using Benefit's Creaseless Eyeshadow in 'Flying Down To' I apply it using my ring finger all over my eye lid focusing on applying most of the colour to the outer corner & crease to add a little more definition to the eye. Now you can stop at this step if you feel you have enough definition to eye but for me I want just a little more definition to the crease, so taking the taupe colour out of my  Makeup Academy 'Ever After' Palette onto a Front Cover Pencil Brush I added literally a tiny amount & then blended out with a Front Cover Blending Brush. Lastly I applied a thin line of Eye Liner to my upper lash line using Collection 2000 Felt Tip Liner & to create voluminous lashes, a couple of coats of Maybelline 'The Rocket' Mascara is  a must! 
IMG_1265
IMG_1244
For a pout that lasts I would recommend using Revlon's Colour Stay Lipsticks as they have great durability & staying power- my favourite by far is 025 'Socialite' which is a great dupe for my beloved Chitz though a tone darker. As I didn't want the colour to be too intense, I applied one coat & bloated my lips with a tissue afterwards to take off a little of colour & then repeated. With this I felt it gave a nice natural look, with a 'model off duty, not trying to hard' vibe.
IMG_1226
IMG_1249
©VintageELLE09

& there you have it! A blush pink obsessives dream!!

Have you got a blush obsession?

Much Love,
Elle
xoxoxo
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© VintageELLE09 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig