VintageELLE is a British Lifestyle blog, focussing in on a Twenty Something's passion for all things Travel, Style & Food related. Follow for weekly Life Updates, Travel Diaries or Style Advice!

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Bedside Beauty......



Like many other woman out there, what you use/apply to your skin before you go to sleep is probably the most important ritual ever.

Not only because when your sleeping, your skin is working overtime to repair & build new skin cells, but also I believe that it is the only time during the day when your body is the most absorbent & free to be able to repair & look after it's self. & therefore what you use & apply to your skin & body before you go to sleep is a vital part to maintaining a healthy body & skin.

Now I have seen many a video on Youtube about 'What's in my makeup bag' or 'What are my top 10 products I could not live without' & whilst I love these kinds of videos, I have never really seen a....

'What I keep on my bedside table' video.


So therefore I decided to create a blogpost about what I use as my evening ritual with the hope that you may find some interesting products you want to try, but also because, let's be honest- we all are very nosey & love to see what other people do/use!


Yankee Candle: Mango & Peach Salsa- For me there is nothing more relaxing after a long day at work, than to burn a candle. I always have a candle on my bedside table because of this, it just chills me out after a long day at work. This is one of two that I am currently alternating between (the other one is Red Velvet, which smells like heaven!) which I tend to do a lot as I normally have many favourites! It smells so fresh & fruity- the perfect scent for summer as it is lovely & fruity, which is why I'm burning it at the moment to remind me of the summer we never had.... sigh!


Bodyshop Vitamin E Face Mist- Having dedicated a WHOLE post to this particular beauty, it is only necessary to have at arms reach all time on my table. It is perfect for either a little wake up call in the morning (it's not like it literally drenches you in the stuff!) or for a refresh before you go to sleep. What I absolutely love to do before I get out of bed in the morning is spray a couple of sprays all over my face (don't hold it too close mind!) & let it settle for a couple of seconds before I gently, & I honestly mean gently start patting my face with my hands. Now I know what some of you are thinking, is she some kind of psycho who likes to beat herself up?! Ugh no. But it does bring some lovely colour to your face & wakes me up in the morning!

Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve- Of course I like to keep my skin nicely moisturised before I hit the hay & who cannot forget their lips too!? Being a huge lover of anything smelling of roses this ticks all the right boxes- Warning: if you don't like roses this is not for you, as the smell is very strong & you can taste it in your mouth if you apply a generous amount!

Pacifica Island Vanilla Body Butter- As I previously said, before I go to bed I like to keep my skin nice & moisturised so that it can absorb as much goodness as possible whilst I sleep. This body butter I use on my hands & elbows (although I have just run out that's why there are two lotions on my table!) & I like how it smells, although at times the smell does change slightly. It's not overally vainllary, but has a slightly weird smell to it at times that I can't quiet put my finger on! Having said that its very moisturising and does my hands & elbows wonders!

Clinique Moisturising Gel- This is my night time moisturiser & has been for well over a year now. My skin is fairly greasy especially around my T Zone, so for years I have struggled to find the right moisturiser that doesn't break me out or makes my skin look particularly shiny. It's not greasy or heavy however, it sinks into my skin beautifully & for how much it has changed the way my skin looks & feels, I would happily spend this amount money on it.  

Bodyshop Elderflower Eye Gel- Again, I dedicated a whole post to this product as I absolutely LOVE it!!! I use this product morning & evening, gently applying it with my ring finger to my under eye areas in a patting/sweeping method. It doesn't irritate my eye area like so many other eye products do, it feels so soothing & cool to tired eyes & plus it has genuinely made my eyes feel less heavy & puffy!

Superdrug "The Little Green Tin"- Yes, I am a lip product junkie, therefore of course I have another lip moisturiser on my table! Vasaline is just a beauty classic & must have to any woman's makeup ritual, it can moisturise your skin as well as remove any eye makeup & therefore a must to my evening routine. Again I alternate between using this & my lip salve, but in general a classic & must have!

L'Occitane Hand Cream in Vanilla- Aaarrghh, I love this, I love this, I LOVE THIS!! It's incredibly moisturising, smells yummy & leaves my hands feeling so soft. Cannot say anymore about this as its just brilliant!


©VintageELLE09

To the other side of my bed I have stacked four vintage suitcases that act as a second bedside table, this normally homes my glass of water for the evening (you gotta keep hydrated you know!) & either the new book/magazine I'm reading.

What are your 'must haves' for your nightstand/bedside table?

Much Love,
Elle
xoxoxo
Share:

1 comment

© VintageELLE09 | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig