Last Sunday marked the last car boot fair of this season, this is when you pretty much know that summer is over! :(
For many people you either love car booting or you hate them- I personally LOVE them, however I don't always have the best luck with them & bagains/good quality items for me, can sometimes be unheard of. But this Sunday I managed to find some lovely pieces for next to nothing.
Now many of you may not have ever been to a car boot sale before, but its pretty much a field full of cars, with people selling unwanted items on tables in front of their cars. Normally if you want to grab yourself a bargain, you need to be there super early- I'm talking like 7am onwards! Now the thought of having to get up before sunlight on the day of rest may terrify some of you (I hate the feeling of having to leave my warm, toasty bed) however you can get some very good quality items & for really good prices. But you need to be patient! Sometimes you may find nothing, but the chances are the next car boot you go to there will be something you like.
1. Wear sensible shoes. If your in a muddy field, get out your Wellington boots!
2. Have an idea in your head what you want to buy, therefore you can scan tables quickly to avoid hours of walking around.
3. Always check the quality of the items. Whether its a DVD or Jumper, double check to see if the correct DVD is in the right case/any scratches? ect, has the jumper got any holes in it?
4. Have a maximum price that you want to pay for in your head & offer £3 lower then you want to pay for it. Then haggle it to the nearest price you can get, to your maximum price. This will give you an indication of how much it's worth.
5. Always carry loose change- never carry anymore then 1 £10 note (unless your going to be buying a lot of furniture!)Be patient. Sometimes you won't find anything at all, but it's the fun part of car booting!
So here are two treasures I managed to find at the last car boot fair & I only spent £5!! Bargains! Haggled the jumper down to £3 from £5 & the bag was a bargain £2!
Have you brought any car boot/charity shop bargains recently?